We are pleased to announce that on June 8, 2017, we will be upgrading our Online Banking system to make paying bills easier and more intuitive than ever before!
Whether on your phone, tablet, or PC, you will be able to enjoy the convenience of the many improvements we have made to our Bill Pay service.
Before June 7, 2017
Please check to make sure we have the most up-to-date home phone and email address on file. You may verify this information by accessing the “Service Center” tab within Online Banking.
On or before June 7, 2017
To ensure on time delivery of payments during the upgrade, all bills due between June 7, 2017 and June 14, 2017 should be scheduled with a send on date of June 6, 2017 or earlier.
On June 7, 2017 – Upgrade starts
Bill Pay service will be unavailable starting at 2:30 p.m. June 7 through 8:00 a.m. June 9. During this time, you will not be able to access any Bill Pay functionality including scheduling new payments.
June 7, 2017 – June 9, 2017
Online Bill Pay will be disabled on June 7, 2017, at 2:30 p.m. as we upgrade our system platform. It is expected this will take most of the day June 8, 2017. You will not be able to access or schedule bill payments during this time. We anticipate the system will be available to you late in the evening on June 8, 2017, or in the morning on June 9, 2017.
June 9, 2017 – Our new Online Bill Pay system will be available!
When you log in to Connect24SM Online Banking, you will be able to access the enhanced Bill Pay system. All recurring payments and established payees will transfer to the new system automatically, but we recommend the following:
- Confirm your Bill Pay schedule is accurate.
- Verify that your payee information is correct, including name, address and account number.
- Check that bill payments are being funded by the right account if you have multiple checking accounts.
- Review Annual Recurring Payments, payments you have set up to automatically pay on a scheduled frequency of weekly, monthly, etc. You will see the first payment but will need to reschedule for additional future payments.
- Re-enroll in your eBills through a simplified process.
- Your payees and scheduled payments will be transferred to the new system.
- In addition to the payment methods you have been using, the new Bill Pay system may also send check payments that will clear directly against your account. This may occur shortly after the upgrade while the new system is learning your use behavior and will likely decrease over time as payments are sent electronically.
- Any eBill subscriptions you have today will end when the system is upgraded. You will re-enroll in your eBills through a simplified process beginning June 9, 2017. You may also be automatically enrolled in eBill trials.
- You may now set a default funding account (the account from which you wish to draw the funds for a particular payee) per payee. The default currently in use will not automatically port over to the enhanced Bill Pay system after the upgrade.
- A year of Bill Pay history from our previous system will be available to you.
- Third party cookies are required to access Bill Pay; please enable third party cookies if they are not already enabled on your web browser. Please note Safari web browsers default to decline cookies.
- Quicken® and Quickbooks® bill payment scheduling will not be available after the upgrade. We are working with our new system provider to provide access as soon as possible. The ability to download your account data from Fairfield County Bank to your Quicken or QuickBooks software after our Bill Pay Upgrade through Direct Connect is still available.
Payments scheduled by a “Deliver By” date rather than “Send On”
The “deliver by” date is the guaranteed date the payee will receive payment by. Unlike our previous Bill Pay program where check payments were drawn from the account up to five days before the anticipated delivery date, funds will now be withdrawn from your account on the “deliver by” date or in the case of a check payment when the check clears your account. You will be able to see an image of any of these bill pay checks in your online banking transaction history.
Make Recurring Payments
Flexible scheduling options including new auto payments based on eBill balances.
Enhanced eBill Experience
Simple enrollment process and the ability to view eBill details directly in the Bill Pay system.
Search Payee Directory
Add a payee with less required information by accessing our frequently used payee list. Our payee directory provides mailing address information to save you time!
Set payment reminders with in box messages to track when bills are due.
Rush Payment Options
Overnight check payments are available in addition to same-day electronic payments. See our schedule of charges for applicable fees.
Send Money Instantly Through Popmoney
Popmoney is the easiest way to send and receive money between family and friends.
Later Cutoff Times
Bill payments can be made as late as 10:00 p.m. and sent same day. Same day payments may incur a fee.
Alerts and enhanced fraud monitoring protect you from unauthorized payments
These alerts include:
- Payee added/modified
- eBill due
- eBill account changed
- Payment due/past due
- Payment sent & posted
- Expedited Payment sent/posted
- Payment failure due to Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF)