Providing for your child’s future is increasingly challenging as higher education costs continue to rise. Fairfield County Financial Services has the right tools to help ensure your child gets the best education possible.
- Smart education savings and investing solutions are available including tax-advantaged plans
- A Certified Financial Planner can recommend options and help you select the best college funding program for your needs.
529 College Savings Plan - A Powerful Way to Pay for College
The 529 College Savings Plan is an effective and flexible investment opportunity to help families save for a college education.
Potential benefits include:
- Earnings are not taxed when they are withdrawn provided they are used for qualified higher education expenses*
- Many states offer tax advantages, some, like CT offer tax free earnings.**
- No income restrictions
- Savings can be used at any accredited institution of higher learning as well as at many foreign institutions
- Any U.S. citizen or permanent resident can contribute
*Qualified expenses include tuition, room and board, books and other supplies needed for attendance at an institution of higher education. A 10% federally mandated penalty on the earnings withdrawn for non-qualified expenses will apply.
**Each state has different tax laws; therefore, you should check with your tax advisor to see if earnings are tax-free in your state, and if there is a state tax deduction or other benefit from choosing your home state's plan.
Investment and insurance products are offered through INFINEX INVESTMENTS, INC. Member FINRA/SIPC. Fairfield County Financial Services is a trade name of Fairfield County Bank. Infinex and the Bank are not affiliated. Products and services made available through Infinex are not insured by the FDIC or any other agency of the United States and are not deposits or obligations of nor guaranteed or insured by a bank or bank affiliate. These products are subject to investment risk, including the possible loss of value.