Fairfield County Bank recognizes your need for privacy and security as you bank with us. Whether it is through our website, within online banking, mobile banking or at an ATM, we are here for you! Below you will find videos, infographics, information on how we keep you protected, and articles on how to keep your identity safe. Check back often for the latest tips.
Keeping you protected:
- Our website:
- Secured Socket Layer – SSL is an encryption method that we use to protect the information transmitted between our website and your computer.
- Electronic Mail - Our email form allows you to safely contact us by sending secure information through our form rather than through public email. The form is encrypted when it is sent over the Internet which helps protect this information from being intercepted.
- Firewalls & Routers – We control and verify the data transmissions that gain access to our internal computer network through firewalls and routers.
- Online & Mobile Banking:
- Multi-factor authentication
- Session time out
- Secure messaging
- Only last four-digits of your account number are visible
While the internet is a resourceful tool to find answers, stay up-to-date on news, shopping, and more, it is important to take precautions to keep your identity safe while online. The following articles contain information that can help you keep your information protected.
- Creating a Cyber Secure Home
- Four Steps to Staying Secure
- FDIC Cybersecurity Guide for Financial Institution Customers
- Keep Your Email Safe from Web Scraping
- Avoiding Online Tax Scams
- Why Strong, Unique Passwords Matter
- Phishing Emails and You
- Traveling Securely
- Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act of 2015
- The Hidden Costs of a Data Breach
- FDIC Cybersecurity Guides for Business
- Top Tips for Internet Security at Work
- Going for Gold in Cybersecurity
The websites below are two resources that provide tips on how to keep yourself protected on the internet.